• What is a visa/e-visa Indian Visa FAQ?Persons traveling to India for tourist or business purposes, or for medical treatment, are required to apply for a visa before departure. The Indian visa is a digital travel permit, also known as Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Persons that do not possess this authorization are denied entry during check-in or boarding of their flight to India. Because applying can be done online, through a digital application form (explanation) it is also referred to as an electronic visa, or e-visa. The terms visa and e-visa are used interchangeable, because they have the same meaning.
• What types of Indian visa are there?There are different types of visas for India. Firstly there are the three electronic variants, for tourists (eTourist visa), business travellers (eBusiness visa) and travellers with a medical travel purpose (eMedical visa). And finally, a physical visa in the form of a sticker which is applied to the passport of the traveller by a consular employee.
Because the electronic visa (also called e-visa) is cheaper, easier and faster to apply for, it is recommended for all travellers that can make use of it. If you can make use of the online Indian visa depends on whether you meet the requirements for the e-visa India.
• Do I need an Indian visa?If you have the nationality of a European country, such as the United Kingdom, and wish to travel to India for a holiday, a business trip or for medical reasons, you are required to apply for an Indian visa. The visa requirements also holds for children and babies.
• I applied for a visa, but (still) didn’t receive it?Right after you have completed the payment for your visa application,you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. This e-mail contains a link to your personal status page on e-Visa.co.uk. Here you check what the status of your (group) application is.
Was your visa not issued within the expected term? The status page will tell you when you should contact us about this, and how to do it.
The immigration service processes all applications individually. So not per group, but per person. even if you filled in multiple travellers in a single application form. Occasionally, there can be quite a bit of difference between the moments of approval between the various visas from a single group application. This can be the case if one or several people are subjected to a manual extended background check. If an application for a traveller takes more time than those of the other travellers in the group, this does not mean that the visa application for this Indian Visa Information has a higher chance of being rejected.
Didn’t receive this e-mail? First check the folder ‘unwanted e-mails’ in your e-mail inbox, also known as the ‘spam’ or ‘junk’ folder. Can’t find an e-mail from a sender titled [email protected]? Try looking up the status of your application online.
This doesn’t work either? Send an e-mail to [email protected] containing your order number. The order number can be found in the transcript of your payment.
• Do I still need to take the coronavirus into account?The coronavirus measures have been changed a lot over time. That is why it is highly recommended to check the page with recent coronavirus measures in India, well on time before departure, and right before departure.